101 Dymond Terrace
Tunkhannock, Pa. 18657
September 2022 Newsletter
Director: Rachael Kiwak Phone: 570-836-2324
Daily Activities: Books, puzzles, billiards, air hockey, shuffleboard, cards, games:
Coloring, TV, Coffee/Refreshments, Socializing w/Friends
Weekly Scheduled Activities:
Monday – 10:00am Arthritis Foundation Exercise Class w/Sharon Appleby
10:30am Ceramics w/ Sharon ($2.00 per class)
Tuesday – 10:00am Men’s Club
11:00am Learn to play Pinochle with Pinochle Club
Wednesday -10:00am Arthritis Foundation Exercise Class w/Sharon Appleby
10:30am Crochet Club
10:30am Play Pitch!!
11:00am Line Dancing w/Rosemary
Thursday – 9:30am Craft/Quilting Club
10:30am Tai Chi w/ Joe McGuire
10:30am EXTREME Pinochle
Friday – 10:00am Shuffleboard/Billiards
Special Events and Programs for the Month
- Sept. 2nd (Fri.) 12:45pm Sing-along with THE ROMEO’s – COME JOIN THE FUN!
- Sept. 5th (Mon.) CENTER CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY!!
- Sept. 6th (Tues.) 10:00am 1st Men’s Club Social
12:45pm Puzzle Positives!!
- Sept. 7th (Wed.) 11:00am Book Club Meeting!!
12:15pm Lunch & Learn presented by Cassie from Geisinger Health
12:45pm Special BINGO!! Sponsored by Geisinger Health
- Sept. 8th (Thurs.) 10:30am Tai Chi w/ Joe McGuire Start Date
11:30am Blood Pressure Checks by Lois Elick from Pa. Dept. of Health
12:15pm Diabetes BINGO presented by Lois Elick from Pa. Dept. of Health
- Sept. 12th (Mon.) 10:30am Monthly Ceramic Craft!!
- Sept. 13th (Tues.) 10:30pm Sing-along with THE ROMEO’S – Join The FUN!!
- Sept. 14th (Wed.) Wyoming County AAC OPEN HOUSE – Come Check us out!!
12:45pm Entertainment by Ron Schoonover plus Snacks, Refreshments,
Raffles, Door Prizes and Much More!! Join the center in September and
Receive a welcome gift and a FREE Lunch Voucher!!
- Sept. 15th (Thurs.) 12:45pm Joe Neeld entertains on the trumpet!!
- Sept. 16th (Fri.) 12:45pm PIZZA PARTY and SILLY SENIORS ARE FUN!!
- Sept. 20th (Tues.) 12:30pm SMOOTHY DAY!!!
- Sept. 21st (Wed.) 11:30am Blood Pressure Checks by Mary Reeves from The Gardens
12:15pm Lunch & Learn presented by Mary Reeves
Topic: Yellow Dot Program
- Sept. 22nd (Thurs.) 12:45pm MAKE IT IN A MUG!!
- Sept. 23rd (Fri.) 12:45pm September Birthday Party!!
Remembering & Reminiscing and…. ICE CREAM TRUCK!!
- Sept. 27th (Tues.) 1:00pm Diabetes Prevention Program
Sponsored by Greater Scranton YMCA
Contact the center for more information and to register – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- Sept. 28th (Wed.) Our center’s LAZYBROOK PICNIC!! Entertainment by Dennis Thorne!!
Check out our flyer or call the center for all the details!!
- Sept. 30th (Fri.) 12:45pm MOVIE DAY! Now Showing..The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!
Concession Stand will be OPEN!!
UPCOMING EVENTS, TRIPS & CLUB NEWS….
Knit Wits Crochet Club:
The club will meet weekly every Wednesday at 10:30am. We are starting to work on hats and scarves for our winter outreach projects. All skill levels from beginner to expert welcome!!
Relaxing and Practicing until our next tournament in October!!
September Ceramic Craft scheduled for Mon. Sept.12th !! We would love to welcome new members to our class!!
Craft/Quilting Club: All skill levels welcome! We will be working on all kinds of projects!! We are planning our Fall Craft schedule!!
Book Club: Our book club will meet Wednesday, Sept.7th at 11:00am. We will discuss last month’s book. Our book for September is Radium Girls by Kate Moore. Books will be provided by the center. Sign Up with Sharon to get your book.
**DON’T FORGET TO APPLY FOR THE FARMER’S MARKET VOUCHERS!! APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.**
The 2022 Center Trip schedule is on hold. We will update you at a later time with our schedule for future trips.