Rep. Karen Boback (Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming) today announced her outreach events and satellite hours for June. Representatives from several different organizations will offer assistance at her district offices throughout the month. Please note these events are weather permitting.
“My staff and I are here to help with state-related issues,” said Boback. “I offer these monthly hours to ensure residents of the 117th District can access many of the great opportunities for veterans assistance, help with federal issues, information about starting a small business, and more.”
A member of Boback’s staff will be available at the following locations:
- Tuesday, June 5, at the Mehoopany Township Municipal Building, located at 237 Schoolhouse Road, Mehoopany, from 8-10 a.m., and then at the Meshoppen Borough Building, located at the intersection of Canal Street and Route 267 in Meshoppen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 6, at the Dalton Borough Building, located at 105 West Main St., Dalton, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Tuesday, June 12, at the Hunlock Township Building, located at 33 Village Drive, Hunlock Creek, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Thursday, 14, at the Factoryville Borough Building, located at 161 College Ave. in Factoryville, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Tuesday, June 19, at the Benton Township Community Center, located at 16043 Route 407 in Fleetville, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Wednesday, June 20, at the Falls Senior Center, located at 2813 Sullivan’s Trail in Falls, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 26, at the Laceyville Borough Building, located at 342 Church St., Laceyville, from 3-5 p.m.
On Wednesday, June 6, the American Legion will hold office hours at the Tunkhannock district office, located at 133 West Tioga St., Suite 4, in Tunkhannock from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
A claims consultant from the American Legion will provide the assistance. Area veterans may seek assistance and information pertaining to specific benefits and programs. Additional meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of every month.
The Mobile Vet Center will be in the Ace Hardware-Brady and Cavany Store parking lot in Eaton Township on Monday, June 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Some of the services available for veterans and their dependents include individual, group, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for Veterans Affairs benefits; employment counseling; guidance and referrals; and alcohol and drug assessments.
Veterans outreach hours will be offered on Tuesday, June 19, at the Dallas district office, located at 105 Lieutenant Michael Cleary Drive, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A claims consultant from the Wilkes-Barre Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) will be on hand to address questions and concerns of local veterans and their families.
Also on Tuesday, June 19, a representative from the Center for Independent Living will be available for appointments at the Tunkhannock district office. Please call the Tunkhannock office at 570-836-4777 to make an appointment.
A caseworker for U.S. Congressman Lou Barletta (R-Hazleton) will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Monday, June 25, from 10 a.m. to noon. Assistance will be available for constituents who are having problems with federal agencies and programs, and constituents are encouraged to bring documents they have received from federal agencies related to their issues.
A representative from the University of Scranton Small Business Development Center will be at the Tunkhannock district office on Tuesday, June 26, from 10 a.m. to noon. The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center provides educational programs and no-cost, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a small business.
For more legislative information, visit Boback’s website at RepBoback.com.